There are many home repair situations that give you advance indications you should schedule them. For example, in most cases, there will be indications that you need a new roof soon. The ideal situation is to have your new roof installed before water intrusion has caused damage or mold, so watching for these warning signs is important. Here are some common indications you need a new roof on your home or business:
- Granules in gutters- When you clean the gutters, monitor what is in there. Don’t just scoop up the leaves and twigs without looking for an excessive number of roofing granules that have come loose from the shingles.
- Shingles are discolored- Today’s roof shingles have been treated to resist algae and moss. If you notice they are beginning to have those issues, the shingles are beginning to show their age. They may not be far enough along that you need a new roof just yet, but definitely be more observant going forward.
- Missing shingles- After any storm you should do a visual inspection of the roof from the ground to see if you notice any missing shingles.
- Advanced age- It is always a good idea to know when your roof was last replaced and how long the materials that were used should last. As you get closer to their expected life expectancy, consider a new roof, even if you aren’t experiencing any other signs.
- Signs of leaks- There are many ways to tell if your roof is leaking, including higher humidity in the home, mold issues, pest infestations, and dampness in the attic.
If you suspect you need a new roof on your home, reach out to us at Just In Time Roofing & Restoration. We offer both residential roof replacement and commercial roof replacement services, as well as other roofing and gutter services in the Piedmont Triad area. Call today to have your property’s roofing inspected for signs you need a new roof.