As a business owner, you have many tasks you need to perform on a daily, weekly, or even yearly basis. Some of those tasks are related to the continued safety and functionality of your building. While you may concentrate on the areas you see most often, it’s crucial to focus on commercial roof maintenance as well.
Along with depending on a reliable team like ours for all your roofing needs, you can also use the following tips and tricks to help extend your roof’s longevity:
- Frequent Inspections: Plan for routine inspections to take place after severe weather occurrences and at least twice a year, preferably in the spring and fall.
- Don’t Delay Repairs: Any problems found should be fixed right away. Left unchecked, minor issues can quickly become more serious and expensive to fix.
- Clear Drains and Gutters: You might not realize it, but your gutters are essential to commercial roof maintenance. To avoid water buildup on the roof and potential water damage to the inside of your building, ensure that the gutters and drains are free of debris.
- Documentation: Maintain thorough records of all maintenance, repairs, and inspections. This paperwork may come in handy for future planning and warranty claims.
- Sealants and Recoats: To increase the roof membrane’s lifespan and weather resilience, talk to our commercial roof maintenance team about sealants or protective coatings.
Maximizing the return on investment in commercial roofing systems requires the implementation of a proactive maintenance strategy. In addition to lowering total ownership costs and encouraging peak performance, prompt maintenance can greatly increase the lifespan of a commercial roof.